The Navneet, organised a seminar featuring ICT in Education at Courtyard by Marriott, Andheri. Our computer faculty, Mrs. Tambe and Mrs. Dev attended the seminar. The event began with lighting the auspicious lamp, welcoming the audiences and introducing the Panelists Dr. Seema Negi (Director and Principal, Sanjeevani World School), Dr. Brijesh Karia (Chief Operating Officer, Singhania Education Services Ltd.), Dr. Seema Shaikh (Principal, Pragnya Bodhini High School) and Mrs. Avnita Bir (Director and Principal, Podar Education) followed by a Panel Discussion on Balancing Technology, Pedagogy and New Normal.
It was a lively discussion by the Panelists from Aditya Birla Education Academy.
The Panel discussion was followed by workshop on Innovative practices of integrating ICT in effective teaching learning and assessments.
The seminar overall highlighted 3 globally recognised life competencies namely Learning Competencies (such as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and Communication), Literacy Competencies (like information, media and technology) and Life Experiences (like flexibility, leadership, initiatives, productivity and social skills).
They also suggested various activities to build various competencies in our pupils, teachers and other stakeholders too. The following were few suggestions:
- Getting everyone on a digital platform.
- Creating exciting teaching learning environment.
- Using social media as a digital tool for teaching learning for ex. Assigning History project to create Facebook page consisting Timeline on Shivaji Maharaj, having LinkedIn account which provides vast opportunity for teaching and learning etc.
- Having transparency with parents.
- Instilling leadership qualities in pupils by role reversal method
- Building a sense of responsibility and trust building by conducting no supervision exam, children creating their own assessment rubrics, allowing, navigate discussions in class etc.
- Incorporating 5W’s and 1H pattern in research and project work.
- Collaborating with other schools and allowing lesson observations or conducting other activities.
- Providing a positive and enforcing environment for teachers as that will be passed on to the lower levels in the hierarchy automatically.
Apart from all the above suggestions, they also pinned the 2 most important factors for school i.e. The type of questions asked and The Type of answers given. Constructive question and answers will enforce positive development of a school.
It was truly an enlightening session.